- Facilitating the advancement of general practice
- Enhancing educational and professional development opportunities for general practitioners and undergraduates
- Facilitating improved liaison and effective integration of general practice and other areas of the health care system by enabling general practitioners to contribute to health planning at the local level
- Facilitating increased general practitioner focus on illness prevention and health promotion activities
- Improving the efficiency and effectiveness of health services at the local level by providing better access to available and appropriate general practitioner services for patients; reducing inappropriate duplication of services; and meeting the special health needs of groups such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, those from non-English speaking backgrounds or people with chronic conditions
- Providing a mechanism for individuals and groups to contact local GP
- Allowing GP to be involved in health policy decision making at the local level
- Improving the quality of health service delivery at the local level in order to provide better access to available and appropriate health services
- Facilitating and supporting the introduction of other elements of the General Practice Strategy e.g. Accreditation, peer review and training initiatives
- Improving the cost effectiveness of service delivery at the local level thereby contributing to a more appropriate allocation of Commonwealth funding
- A primary care health organisation that is relevant to the needs of General Practice and the local community as partners in the delivery of better primary health outcomes. Our Mission The MNCDGP will support General Practice in its role as a provider of primary health care in the Mid North Coast community. The Division will liaise with other organisations to provide and advocate for a comprehensive level of primary health care to the community.
- The MNCDGP will support General Practice in its role as a provider of primary health care in the Mid North Coast community. The Division will liaise with other organisations to provide and advocate for a comprehensive level of primary health care to the community.